When buying a new construction home, it is important to ask the following questions to ensure that you are getting the best deal and that the home meets your needs and expectations:
1. What is the estimated completion date for the home?
2. What is included in the purchase price? Are there any additional costs or upgrades that need to be added?
3. Is the home energy efficient? Are there any green features included?
4. Are there any warranties or guarantees on the home?
5. Are there any HOA fees or other community fees?
6. What is the process for making changes or upgrades to the home during the building process?
7. Are there any restrictions on landscaping or exterior modifications?
8. Are there any model homes available to view?
9. Are there any incentives or promotions available?
10. Can I see the floor plans and elevations of the home?
11. How flexible is the builder in customizing the home according to your needs?
12. Are there any restrictions on renting the home?
13. Will the builder provide a final walk through inspection before closing?
14. Are all the necessary permits and inspections obtained for the home?
15. What is the process for resolving any issues or defects after closing?
Asking these questions can help you make an informed decision and ensure that you are getting the best deal on a new construction home that meets your needs and expectations.
If you’re thinking of buying new construction – I’ll be honored to be the one by your side watching for your best interest!
New Constructions Specialist